Smith Bullough (www.smithbullough.com) is a non standard and special bolt manufacturer based in Hindley Green (WN2 4AT) Greater Manchester.
We require an experienced manufacturing person who has proven knowledge of working in a busy and disciplined environment. The hot forging cell includes 3x sets of Etchells Forging and Trimming presses that are supported by Induction Heating; Manual and CNC saws and Steel stock. We are prepared to offer Forging training to an outstanding candidate. You will be reporting to the factory manager.
You are likely to have had experience working in a company producing batch quantities within the aerospace, automotive, offshore or renewable energy sectors.
You must have:
- A formal manufacturing/engineering qualification to HND or Degree standard or proven time served experience in bolt making or forging industry using induction heating and forging is required.
- Good working knowledge and creation of spreadsheets and CAD (We use Fusion)
- Ability to select tooling from a drawing or sample
- Experience of working with all types of materials
- Capable of working on own initiative and managing others
- Able to work on own from part concept to completion.
- Ability to manage 5S & KPi’s within the section.
- Competitive rates of pay
- 39 hours per week. (Day shift)
- Plenty of variety as we produce jobbing batch quantities. Never a dull moment!
- An excellent opportunity to work in a friendly and enthusiastic company.
- Opportunity for progression.
Apply for an application form to Richard Garton, General Manager, Smith Bullough